10 Oct 2019
1. REQUIREMENT (NON - RS)
This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom to: conduct scientific research or training or teaching in a research institute
2. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
- Visa application form completely filled out
- Official Note from the National Research Council of Thailand
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months + 1 copy of passport
- Two recent (4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant
- Copy of evidence of travel to/from Thailand (confirmed air ticket paid in full/booking)
- Evidence of hotel / accommodation booking
- Evidence of adequate finance
- International Health Certificate on Yellow Fever vaccination + 1 copy
- Medical Certificate (Un certificat medical attestant l'absence de toutes maladies infectieuses)
Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
Applicants are required to apply for a visa in person.
3. VISA FEE
80 USD (single entry)
200 USD (multiple entries)
4. VALIDITY OF A VISA
The validity of a visa is 3 months or 1 year.
The holders of this type of visa are initially granted a period of stay in the Kingdom not exceeding 90 days unless otherwise instructed by the Office of Immigration Bureau.
5. EXTENSION OF STAY
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file an application for permission at
The Office of Immigration Bureau
Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7,
Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel: +662-141-9889
or at http://www.immigration.go.th
The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
6. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Royal Thai Embassy in their home/residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy. Therefore, travellers are adivised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.
* * * * * *