14 Sep 2019
Non-Immigrant Visa-ED may be granted to applicants who wish to pursue their full-time education, internship or any other education program in the Kingdom of Thailand.
Validity: 90 days after the date of application. Visa holders may contact the Immigration Bureau of Thailand, after entering the Kingdom of Thailand, for the extension of stay and re-entry permit.
1. Visa Application form must be completely filled in and have 2 photographs taken within the last 6 months. (must be 3.5 x 4.5 cm.)
2. Passport. (valid for no less than 6 months)
3. A copy of your passport.
4. Letter from the Ministry of Education in Thailand or an acceptance letter from your University.
5. Letter from your school, training institution or company in Thailand (Original) – The letter must be typed in the school/company’s letter head, signed by an authorized personnel and have a copy of the School license or business registration. (Copies of documents must be signed by an authorized personnel + affixed seal).
For informal courses, e.g. Thai language and cultural training courses, all applicants must provide a document which demonstrates that the courses meet the minimum requirement as stated below:
- If the course is no longer than 5 months, the period of study must be at least 4 days per week, and 2 hours per day.
- If the course is longer than 5 months, the period of study must be at least 5 days per week, and 5 hours per day.
6. In case of internship/ Workshop/ Training/ Seminar
- Applicants must have a letter from the organization of internship recruitment or having seminar.
- Applicants must have a letter from the University in which the applicant is enrolled.
7. In case of studying Buddhism or Meditation retreat (Thamma retreat) of foreign monk, novice and nun (both letters are required.)
- Applicants must have a letter from the National Office of Buddhism.
- Applicants must have a letter from the Temple of studying Buddhism Recruitment or Meditation retreat (Thamma retreat) and signed by abbot with a copy of credential.
8. A Police Clearance certificated by a police station and signed by an authorized police officer.
9. One copy of Bank statement or bank book
Parents of students (under 18 years old) who have enrolled for a full-time long-term educational course in Thailand are eligible to apply for Single-Entry Non-Immigrant O-visa. Required documents are the same as the documents that are used for Non-Immigrant ED-visa plus marriage certificate and birth certificate and a proof of additional 500,000 Baht (or equivalent) deposit in a bank account per parent. Civil partnership certificate will not be accepted. Not eligible for informal courses, e.g. Thai language or cultural training courses. Dependents are not eligible to work in Thailand.
11. Application fee: $ 80 (Only US Dollars – Non-refundable)
12. Other documents: May be requested by Consular officers, in addition, to the documents above. Please note that the Consular officer reserves every right to require additional documents, or host an interview, as deemed necessary, without prior notice. The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to reject any visa application whereby any required document is absent.
If the procedures listed are not completed, the application officer will not proceed with your application and your application will be rejected.
**The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the right to reject any visa application with insufficient documents or if the reasons given are not fully supported. The visa fee is non-refundable**
Normal visa processing time: 1 working day.
Working hours: 9:00 A.M. – 11:30 A.M. Monday - Friday.